Quick Facts about Kwebang Lampas*
- Located in Barangay Isla Polo, Pagbilao, Quezon Province
- Great for group travelers who wants beach camping
- Clear turquoise water
- Has powdery white sand in random areas
*These are just based on my personal observation. I didn’t really get detailed facts about this island, if you have something to share or add, please leave a comment below.
Top 6 Things to Do in Kwebang Lampas
- Beach bum
- Island hopping (some islands have entrance fee)*
- Trip to sandbar
- Stargazing (if you’ll stay overnight), this is really amazing
- Photo op
*We didn’t do island hopping as we are on a budget. We chose to visit sandbar as the bangkero recommended
Travel Time Quick Info
1. From Ortigas Pasig to Pagbilao; 4.5 hours
2. 1 or 2 minute boat ride
3. 5 – 7 minute trek ’til you reach Kwebang Lampas
I traveled with a group so I think this is cheaper:
Van, Food, Entrance Fees, Boat ride: P1000
Tent Rental: P200-P300 (if you have your own tent, you still have to pay P200)
Island hopping: P100; this is each individual contribution for boat rental fee (P1200)
Water: For taking a bath; P50, ~30 liters of water in a container (Yeah, I know, it’s overpriced)
My personal overall expenses: ~P1500 (this includes a side trip in Pililia Wind Farm, I’ll write about it on my next post)
You also have the option to rent pillows and banig.
Pillows: P100 each (plus refundable deposit of P100)
- DO NOT LITTER, always consider the environment. You can also bring your own garbage bag.
- Bring your own food and drinks if you’re on a budget. But if you want to spend money and support people’s livelihood in the island, you can buy from them but expect high price.
- If you’re not nice, you will not be treated nicely. Do not expect special guest treatment.
- Travel light as much as possible
- Heads up! Rest rooms are dirty. Don’t expect too much 😉
- Relax, have fun!